This is going to be a very quick recipe that I came up with one day after a really long day at work and an even more tiring day at the gym. I threw together a few things I found around my apartment and came up with this little gem :) I really hope you enjoy.
Feel free to share this post with any tips or your favorite veggies to add to this recipe
Okay, so we start off with the ingredient list
1. 2 Cups Kale or Spinach
2. 1 Banana (preferably frozen)
3. 3 Tablespoons of Almond Milk (you can substitute with Milk or Heavy Cream)
4. 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
5. 1 Cup Ice
Okay! That is the base of our smoothie. Here is the list of optional ingredients. Pick and choose which ones you think would taste the best.
- A spoon full of Peanut Butter
- Protein Powder
- Blueberries (kinda weird, I know, but it's awesome with peanut butter added)
- Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Mint Leaves
What I like to do is crush all of the ice in the blender first so I can make sure there are no big chunks of ice after the smoothie is done. After the ice I start creating the base, and then add in the optional items.
Afterwards I hope you end up with something that looks as delicious as this!